Video is everywhere – on every phone, computer, app and site. And while many of us are perfectly happy to sit back and simply watch, there are those of us who want to create. Not just as a hobby, but as a career.
If you’re thinking of taking the leap into corporate video production, here are a few things you should know.
- Creativity shines. Producers and writers make video that people will find compelling, and that means being passionate about telling stories that are original and visual.
- Never a dull moment. There is no such thing as a typical day in the life of a producer, where specific responsibilities always change. If you’re a fan of routine and predictability, production may not be right for you.
- See the world. This doesn’t apply to everyone in video, but field shoots require crews, and production can be a great way to rack up your frequent flier miles.
- Unrivaled camaraderie. Every production is unique, and each is bound to come with bonding experiences for you and the rest of your team. Odds are that while you’re making content, you’ll also be making memories with friends.
- The finished product. There’s a great sense of accomplishment when you wrap a project, and that’s true no matter where you work. But in corporate video production, there’s an added bonus: you can show what you made to the world. Whether or not it goes viral, you’ll feel an incredible sense of pride every time you take out your phone and push play for a friend.
So take the leap into video production. There is always a need for creativity!